Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stranger calling ... !!

You meet a lot of people in life. You remember some ... and be friends with them ... you dont remember some ... sometimes due to your own ignorance and aloofness and sometimes coz you are not considered too friendly ... part of life ...

There is this person who comes regularly to the pool I go to. We have seldom spoken to each other (or at least I thought so). He comes for swimming and religiously completes his daily quota of laps ... like any other swimming aficionado ...

The gents bathroom is a long rooms of 4 showers. I was having a shower this morning and I was completely oblivious to the fact that this person was doing the same in the adjoining shower. Some excerpts of the chat we had ...

Person : Kaay aaz lavkar nighaala?
Me : (startled by WHO-IS-THIS-PERSON-TALKING-TO-ME) Ho. Office laa zaayacha time zhaala.
Person : Tumhi tithech aahat kaa kaamala?
Me : (Surprised as to how he knows where I work and not knowing what to answer) : Ho.
Person : Mhanje tumhi atta hi Aundh paryant zaata? Waait aahe traffic aaz kaal ... kasa manage karta roz?
Me : Naahi. Aamchi company shift zhaali. Kothrud laa.
Person : Bara Bara. Mag jaasta laamb nahi padat asel tumhaala.
Me : Pan tumhaala kasa kaay maahit mi kuthe kaam karto?
Person : Aaho aamhi bol loy hyachya baddal. Tumhich saangitla hota maala. Visarla kaa?
Me : HHHmmmm ... actually maala aathvat naahi pan saangitla asel ...
Person : Yamaha aahe naa tumchya kade?
Me : Ho. Barobar.
Person : Aani car Zen aahe na?
Me : Right.
Person : Baayko azun hi Persistent madhe aahe kaa?
Me : (man this person knew a lot about me) Naahi. Ti ataa Kalyani nagar chya eka company madhe aahe.

After around a minute or so ...
Person : Tumhi roz 25 rounds maarta kaa?
Me : Kashyaache?
Person : (laughs out loud) ... Ataa swimming laa aala mhanje pool chech round maarnaar naa?
Me : (I was lost) : Arey ho. Naahi asa kaahi nahi. 25 zhaale tar 25 naahi tar zo paryant bore naahi hot to paryant karto ..
Person : Naahi. Mi mozto naa. Kaaran mi 15 maarto pan tumhi 25 maarta.
Me : (I didnt have a clue about how many rounds I do. I smile) Asel mag.
Person : Asel mhanje? Maartaatach.
Me : Ho Ho. Khara aahe. Actually mi mozat naahi
Person : Pan mi mozto naa ... tumhi panchvisach round maarta roz
Me : (by now I was convinced that I do 25 rounds) : Actually aadhi mi 25 maaraycho ... ata mozat naahi ... hot astil 25 ...

I quickly changed and made my way out of the Gymkhana but this man's knowledge about me was amazing. A stranger can know more about you than you yourself ... Cheers ... !!

6 comments:

Mohsin said...

Awesome experience!!

Vikash Kumar said...

Wow!! that was kind of "Strange"... some stranger (at least for you) knowing so much about you is interesting & scary at the same time ;)

vivek said...

hehe, that was eerie man....waise sambhalke, kahin ye yaarana "dostana" type ka na ho....:D

Amit said...

Scary yaar. But I am even surprised that "You" forgot the interaction.... kaise yaar?

Unknown said...

how cud u hav forgotten telling someone so much abt urself and ur family...?

Pappul said...

@ Vikash
Well yes ... you can call it scary ... but for whom? ;)

@Vivek
arey he is a 40+ guy ... i question his judgement on choosing me as his Dostana buddy :P

@ Amit
arey kab baat kiya kuch idea hi nahi thaa mereko ... this must have been at a time when AT was at Aundh and Biwi at Pspl ... plus a 40+ stout and dark fellow with a paunch is hardly an inspiration to remember ... there is better stuff to watch at a pool ;)

@Zarin
Well ... that kind of stuff I tell anyone ... so from the hundreds I have told it to ... its difficult to remember one particular person ... plus family kaa the only thing i said was about my wife working in pspl nothing else ... baaki mera to mai sab kuch sabko bataata hoon ;)