Monday, October 26, 2009

Adios ... !!

Lump in the throat? Not entirely ... but it feels odd leaving such a nice company ... I know we always bicker about lots of stuff in life ... the place we work at is at the receiving end most of the times ... but at the bottom of your heart I have always felt that the freedom and atmosphere at AT has been out of the top draw ... I will miss AT and ATians ... you guys rock ...

I remember my joining day. Drenched and just out of college. My previous company (I was an intern) had given be the most demoralising sendoff ... partly due to my own misgivings ...

I remember the disappointment of knowing that Sonal (my manager whom I had to report to) is actually a guy ... :(

But Sonal is one of the most influential people I have met in life. A manager at office but a friend at heart. I have never ever felt that gap with him. His PJs have been bettered by Sabhtarsha and myself and we both get even dirtier looks than we used to give Sonal earlier :)

There have been several others (in fact everyone here knows the entire company) whom I have had a great time with ... Sabhtarsha has now become more of a pest than a pain :P ... Avdhoot, Amit, Rahul, Gaji, Vijay, Ajay, Vineet, Pushkar, Charuta, Zarin, Khyati, Manish, Mohsin, MJ, Basu, Ghos, Nitin, Sandip, Vinayak and I am sure there are many more ... I have had a blast guys ...

Not to mention that people who have already left AT ... Ashvin, Vivek, Ganesh, Manikant, Rajat, Alok, Deepa, Amit, Debu, Nishith, Rohit ... everyone was a joy to be around ...

Some of the things that I will always remember:
  • Maggi at my desk
  • TT (it was better post 7 pm and on weekends)
  • rides to Good Luck, Santosh bakery, Ganesh Bhel, PD, etc.
  • leg-pulling sessions (some people were always the target)
  • meeting to decide lunch/dinner/breakfast venues
  • night outs (called fire-fighting sessions :P)
  • those amazing weekly calls (thanx to Manish) :P
and many more ...

I am going to miss AT ... but something new awaits ... dekhte hai usmein kitna mazaa hai ...

till then ... Adios AT ... Cheers ... !!

5 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Good luck and God Speed as you move on!

Coincidentally, I'm moving out too, after a relatively short stint of a year and half!

Know what it feels like!

Cheers

Rakesh

Avdhoot said...

Best of Luck Friend!
We too will miss u!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, may success & happiness be with u!! Bye bolne ki jaroorat nahi coz blogs/chat hota hi rahega :), Bass aabhi office mein mithai/khaana half laa sakte hain ;)

Unknown said...

u enjoyed those amazing weekly calls...nw its my turn :P
u enjoyed fire-fighting..nw its my turn :)

all d best! n i dnt need to ask u to keep in touch..any status mssg of mine(all of em r silly :P) will automatically get u to ping me :D

vivek said...

Aao Thakur,

Amrika mein swagat hai!!! :)