Thursday, November 12, 2009

Battered ... !!

So it went kaput. Read ... my plans of going to the US of A ... Amrikkkkka ... so near yet so far ...

The last 2 weeks have definitely sent out a signal ... everything can change in a day's time. Here I was ... ready to leave for Mumbai from Pune to get on board a late night flight to Tampa and one call ruined it instantly. I was told that the project I was selected for does not have any more requirements. The despair, anger and trauma that it brought to not just me but so many of my well wishers and family members was devastating. Maybe ... I was seeing too much into the future ... it was a horrible feeling to be battered so badly mentally ...

With every passing minute ... it became even more painful when so many of the things I did during the week prior made me look like a fool ... I left a good job (I wont call it a flourishing job but it was not bad at all) and more importantly an organization where I got along with most of the people :) ... so many things I bought specifically for America were left idle in the suitcase ... even the Kirana store man was asking me when I am flying :P

I hope I am not making this look like the end of the world for me ... its not ... far from it ...

But the education received is invaluable ... I am guessing I will be a hot topic of discussion (I guess I have already been that in the week that has passed) ... but thats not surprising ... I am sure I would have done the same if something similar had happened with someone else ...

As of now ... I have atleast managed to get back on my feet ... job hunting begins in Pune ... Amrikka to jaana hi hai ... by hook or by crook ... I am biased towards crook now :P

In the meanwhile ... I had quite a good day at Mumbai ... getting Darshan of Sidhhi Vinayak on a Tuesday and that too at 4:45 in the morning (that was bad planning since we didnt intend to reach Dadar at 4 am after we left Pune at 2 am ... believe me ... Asiads are fast :D) ... nice quite moments at Mahalaxmi and to top it off ... Chicken Tikka Biryani at Noorani ... :)

And ... HP bought 3Com ... that was something great and unexpected ... bodes well for AT ... are we (Yes ... it still feels "we") next in line atleast now? ... I am sure that would have been the topic of the day at office today ... I am wondering how that affects Co Branding now for AT :P ... now if HP also acquires Enterasys ... Co Branding can be done away with ... what say guys? ;)

Anyway ... I will update my status very soon ... some positive signs have already shown up ... I will be back in front of some terminal sooner than later ... and I can definitely do with some prayers and blessings ... :)

Cheers ... !!

5 comments:

SIR-ISH said...

When something doesn't happen, there is always something better in store! That's what I believe.

I have a similar story, but running in the reverse direction. I quit my job in the US, in expectation of joining the same firm's new office in Delhi, this August.

Probably something better waiting!

Unknown said...

all the best..and best wishes :)

as far as the cobranding goes...maybe we'll keep it in place for fear of sumthin sumwer breaking apart ;)

emanish said...

are ekdam battered and all ?

US hi to hai, cancel ho gaya, fir ho jayega. Itna tension nahi leneka.

All the best man ! aur co-branding ko bhul ja :D

Mohsin said...

Best wishes man..
Nice to see you are coping with it well..

Vikash Kumar said...

Not sure ke jo hota hain achha ke liye hi hota hain.. but this time may be it was a sign for u to move on to better opportunities which surely are on ur way :)

So.. all the best mate :) CoV meet pe baaki ki bhadaas nikal daal :P